Wednesday, January 23, 2019

DRATS - the winter weather is scaring off my students in TETT CENTRE - fear of wet work in cold weather is legitimate . ... but WET FELTED ART is far too much fun to miss out on!!!

Notified by the TETT Centre that there were few responses to Hand Dyed Roving - it's just the wrong time of year for those who think about hauling home wet fibre at the end of a long cold 'winters day'. Our February 10th workshop at the TETT Centre is cancelled - but I will continue dyeing here at home like I have been doing several times a month since summer. The cupboard is getting really full of beautiful hand dyed fibres...

AND I have a great stash for the scheduled WET FELTED ART workshop ... have a peek and see if your calendar will allow you a chance to come and play along!
Class is scheduled for Thursday evening, 
February 26th at the TETT
6-9 pm



We will be creating landscapes that can be mounted and shared on canvas or framed and set inside a frame. LOVE small art landscapes in felt!!


Making small landscapes is sooo much fun... and I supply all the wool for the class. Come join me and have some fun! 
Layering, wetting, rubbing, layering again - so easy and you can take new skills in any direction you want!

And


When the calendar has openings, that means I can get busy and make ART! The cancelled class at the start of February means I have time for creative play time at my house! LOVE THAT! Creating artwork for shows that feature fibre arts is a joy, and I have three new pieces underway - each different and as always, experiments in the techniques I am currently exploring.

The QUINTE FIBRE ARTISTS show is coming fast now, with art work delivery due in Belleville February 16th. I hope you will mark your calendar and join us for a visit - or the OPENING on Saturday February 23, 2019 from 2-4 pm...

Please plan to our amazing artists at the 
John M. Parrott Gallery 
 Saturday February 23rd 
 Opening Reception
2-4 pm